For Immediate Release
Contact: Julia Schmid-Jansson
(November 12, 2012 – Carlsbad, CA) – Greenbuild 2012 is bringing technology and sustainability together in the global green movement. For the 4th consecutive year, Soil Retention’s full line of Plantable concrete systems® will be on display. Stop by our booth to learn about potential LEED credits and point contributions with Drivable Grass® and Verdura®.
Drivable Grass® is a permeable, flexible and plantable concrete pavement system that is environmentally friendly and a beautiful alternative to poured concrete and asphalt. Drivable Grass® offers the same strength and durability as conventional pavers while offering permeability, flexibility and infill options such as grass, gravel, sod, ground cover, sand, and more.
Verdura ® is a fully plantable retaining wall system that can be used for a wide range of projects ranging from small homeowner landscapes to large-scale developments. Verdura® walls can be constructed up to 60’ in a single tier. This wall system offers a fully plantable face that provides an opportunity to soften the visual impact of large retraining structures. With the Verdura® retaining wall system, engineered hillsides can look more like natural hillsides.
Enviroflex® is a tapered, vertically interlocking, articulating concrete block (ACB) revetment system designed for erosion control use in riverine and channel environments, or other areas with high velocity flows subject to scour. Openings in the block units enable vegetation to establish, providing a green, natural, and environmentally pleasing appearance while allowing stormwater infiltration and promoting groundwater recharge.
- October 17, 2012, The Oregon Department of Transportation approved Drivable Grass®!
- Soil Retention received Caltrans approval for the Verdura® retaining wall system in October 2011.
- Drivable Grass® was approved by Montgomery County, MD in September 2011.
- Soil Retention recently launched a new comprehensive website. Check it out at soilretention.com!
- Architectural Record Advertising Excellence Award 2012 (4th consecutive year)- Single Page Advertisement – Drivable Grass®
- Hardscape North America Project Award – 10,000-50,000 Sq. Ft. Commercial Segmental Retaining Wall – The Shops at Sycamore Creek in Corona, CA – Verdura®
To learn more about Soil Retention Plantable concrete systems® please stop by Soil Retention’s booth #529S, or visit us online at soilretention.com, or contact us at 800-346-7995.